Small Business Loans
No interest loans to ensure Texas small businesses remain vibrant and continue to power our community.
LOANS FOR SMALL BUSINESS
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association provides interest-free loans up to $20,000 to cover expenses required to grow and sustain business operations.
Term: Payable in equal monthly installments over 48 months (four years). The first payment is due the month following loan origination.
- You must meet DHFLA’s general requirements. (see below)
- You must age 21 years or older.
- Borrower can be an individual, partnership or corporation.
- Individual borrowers must be Jewish; partnerships and corporations must have at least one Jewish partner or c-suite executive.
- Borrower must agree to a personal credit check and be able to demonstrate ability to repay the loan in full.
- You must submit a completed loan application and ACH form.
- You cannot be a borrower or guarantor on another DHFLA loan.
- You cannot be in or considering bankruptcy.
- Written description of reason for loan request—documented business need.
- Applicable business licenses or permits.
- Previous five years tax returns.
- Previous three years financial statements signed by company principals or CPA, and provide thereafter, annual financial statements for the life of the loan.
- Business plan.
- Biannual business review.
- Two qualified guarantors, one of which lives in the DHFLA lending area.
- Each of your guarantors must submit a completed guaranty agreement and information release form.
- If you are a married couple, the non-borrowing spouse is considered an additional guarantor.
- Guarantors cannot be Jewish clergy, directors of a Jewish communal institution, live only on fixed income such as social security, or have a current outstanding DHFLA loan.
If you are concerned about meeting the guarantor requirement for small business loans, please contact us at 469-206-1639 to discuss the circumstances. We’re here to help, and we may be able to make exceptions to certain requirements.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
To qualify for a loan, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. Some loan types have additional qualifying criteria. Visit the loan page for the program for which you want to apply for details on what is required to be considered for a specific type of loan.
- Member of the Jewish community
- Resident of Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell or Wise Counties, or any other county in North Central or East Texas that includes Wichita Falls, Texarkana, Tyler, Waco or Longview, Texas for at least six months
- 18 years-old or older, unless otherwise noted
- Demonstrated need
- Show creditworthiness
- No current DHFLA loan
- Not serving as a guarantor on a current DHFLA loan
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you’re unsure, contact the Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association office: 469-206-1639 or email@example.com.
- Complete the appropriate loan application and submit with our online form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.
- Obtain guarantors and ask them to complete and submit the guarantor paperwork to email@example.com.
- If you are a qualified applicant, you will be contacted to schedule a loan interview by Zoom with members of the DHFLA loan committee. You may be asked to submit additional information.
- A loan decision will be communicated to you by the loan officer following the interview.
- If approved, funds will be disbursed following communication of the credit decision.
No interest loans for the Greater North Texas Jewish Community
5402 Arapaho Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 am – 6 pm
What We Do
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association (DHFLA) provides interest-free loans to members of the Jewish communities in Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell and Wise Counties, and any other county inclusive of Wichita Falls, Texarkana, Tyler, Waco and Longview, Texas.
Member of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL). We are a nonprofit 501c3.