Education Consolidation Loans
Helping young professionals reduce the burden of student debt.
LOANS FOR CONSOLIDATING HIGHER EDUCATION DEBT
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association provides no interest loans up to $25,000 to help young adults consolidate and reduce the effective interest on their outstanding non-DHFLA student loans.
DHFLA sends education consolidation payment directly to the lender(s).
Term: Payable in equal monthly installments over 72 months (six years). The first payment is due the month following loan origination.
- You must meet DHFLA’s general requirements. (see below)
- You must submit a completed loan application, ACH form, and Authorization to Pay Lender form.
- Each of your guarantors must submit a completed guaranty agreement and information release form.
- You must have paid-in-full any previous DHFLA loan.
- Copy of most recent statement(s) from lender(s).
- Borrower authorization for DHFLA to pay the lender(s).
- Copy of most recent paystub.
- Two qualified guarantors, one of which lives in the DHFLA lending area. Guarantors cannot reside at the same address.
- If you are a married couple, the non-borrowing spouse is considered an additional guarantor.
If you are concerned about meeting the guarantor requirement for education consolidation loans, please contact us at 469-206-1639 to discuss the circumstances. We’re here to help, and we may be able to make exceptions to certain requirements.
EDUCATION CONSOLIDATION LOANS
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
To qualify for a loan, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. Some loan types have additional qualifying criteria. Visit the loan page for the program for which you want to apply for details on what is required to be considered for a specific type of loan.
- Member of the Jewish community
- Resident of Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell or Wise Counties, or any other county in North Central or East Texas that includes Wichita Falls, Texarkana, Tyler, Waco or Longview, Texas for at least six months
- 18 years-old or older, unless otherwise noted
- Demonstrated need
- Show creditworthiness
- No current DHFLA loan
- Not serving as a guarantor on a current DHFLA loan
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you’re unsure, contact the Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association office: 469-206-1639 or email@example.com.
- Complete the appropriate loan application and submit with our online form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.
- Obtain guarantors and ask them to complete and submit the guarantor paperwork to email@example.com.
- If you are a qualified applicant, you will be contacted to schedule a loan interview by Zoom with members of the DHFLA loan committee. You may be asked to submit additional information.
- A loan decision will be communicated to you by the loan officer following the interview.
- If approved, funds will be disbursed following communication of the credit decision.
No interest loans for the Greater North Texas Jewish Community
PO Box 671235
Dallas, TX 75367-1235
5402 Arapaho Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 am – 6 pm
What We Do
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association (DHFLA) provides interest-free loans to members of the Jewish communities in Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell and Wise Counties, and any other county inclusive of Wichita Falls, Texarkana, Tyler, Waco and Longview, Texas.
Member of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL). We are a nonprofit 501c3.