Jewish Experience Loans
Financial assistance for experiences and rituals that deepen Jewish connection and identity.
LOANS FOR JEWISH EXPERIENCES
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association provides interest-free loans up to $3,500 to enable Jewish youth and young adults to participate in experiences that engage them in Jewish life and strengthen their Jewish identity, support those choosing Judaism and wishing to kosher their homes.
DHFLA no interest loans can be used to pay for b’nei mitzvah expenses, supplemental costs associated with Birthright trips, Jewish overnight and day camp, Jewish and Israel travel, participation in BBYO and other Jewish youth activities, gap year and high school in Israel programs and more.
Term: Payable in equal monthly installments over 36 months (three years). The first payment is due the month following loan origination.
- You must meet DHFLA’s general requirements. (see below)
- If you are an interfaith couple, the borrower must be the Jewish partner.
- You must be age 18 years or older. Parents can borrow on behalf of their minor children.
- You must submit a completed loan application and ACH form.
- Each of your guarantors must submit a completed guaranty agreement and information release form.
- Two qualified guarantors, one of which lives in the DHFLA lending area.
- Guarantors cannot reside at the same address.
- If you are a married couple, the non-borrowing spouse is considered an additional guarantor.
If you are concerned about meeting the guarantor requirement for a Jewish experience loan, please contact us at 469-206-1639 to discuss the circumstances. We’re here to help, and we may be able to make exceptions to certain requirements.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
To qualify for a loan, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. Some loan types have additional qualifying criteria. Visit the loan page for the program for which you want to apply for details on what is required to be considered for a specific type of loan.
- Member of the Jewish community
- Resident of Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell or Wise Counties, or any other county in North Central or East Texas that includes Wichita Falls, Texarkana, Tyler, Waco or Longview, Texas for at least six months
- 18 years-old or older, unless otherwise noted
- Demonstrated need
- Show creditworthiness
- No current DHFLA loan
- Not serving as a guarantor on a current DHFLA loan
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you’re unsure, contact the Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association office: 469-206-1639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the appropriate loan application and submit with our online form, by email to email@example.com or by mail.
- Obtain guarantors and ask them to complete and submit the guarantor paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a qualified applicant, you will be contacted to schedule a loan interview by Zoom with members of the DHFLA loan committee. You may be asked to submit additional information.
- A loan decision will be communicated to you by the loan officer following the interview.
- If approved, funds will be disbursed following communication of the credit decision.
No interest loans for the Greater North Texas Jewish Community
PO Box 671235
Dallas, TX 75367-1235
5402 Arapaho Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 am – 6 pm
What We Do
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association (DHFLA) provides interest-free loans to members of the Jewish communities in Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell and Wise Counties, and any other county inclusive of Wichita Falls, Texarkana, Tyler, Waco and Longview, Texas.
Member of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL). We are a nonprofit 501c3.