APPLY FOR A LOAN
DEEPLY ROOTED IN JEWISH TRADITION
Our mission derives directly from biblical text, “If you lend money to My people, to the poor among you, do not act toward him (her) as a creditor: exact no interest from them.”
– Exodus 22:24
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association (DHFLA), like similar Jewish free loan organizations across North America and the world, has made an essential difference in the lives of families, individuals, and small businesses in Greater Dallas. Judaism warrants that providing a loan is understood to hold preference over charity. The great Jewish rabbi and thinker Rashi affirms that such lending avoids the element of shame. Supporting this tradition, DHLFA’s loan programs provide borrowers an affordable and dignified way to navigate financial obstacles.
IF YOU NEED US, BORROW
Since 1935, DHFLA’s work has made a profound difference in the lives of our loan recipients and has been, and continues to be, an important Jewish communal funding resource.
WHAT WE OFFER
Today, Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association provides interest-free financial assistance with loan programs to pay core living expenses, underwrite educational costs, support small businesses, cover medical treatments and more. Review the type of loans we offer to see which one fits your needs.
Adoption and Fertility
Interest-free loans up to $20,000 to assist with the costs of adoption and fertility treatments.
No interest loans up to $25,000 to assist with paying down student debt with accrued interest.
Zero interest loans up to $500 to deal with life’s emergencies.
No interest loans up to $10,000 for a variety of needs such as home or auto repairs, unexpected bills, core living expenses and more.
No interest loans up to $10,000 to cover expenses related to medical procedures, therapies and treatments.
Interest-free student loans up to $3,000 per semester for undergraduate and graduate education expenses.
No interest loans up to $7,500 for expenses related to a Jewish funeral and burial.
Zero interest loans up to $3,500 to assist with the costs associated with Jewish life.
Interest-free small business loans up to $20,000 to sustain and grow Greater Dallas small businesses.
No interest loans up to $7,500 to cover services and therapies for families with a loved one with special needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
To qualify for a loan, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. Some loan types have additional qualifying criteria. Visit the loan page for the program for which you want to apply for details on what is required to be considered for a specific type of loan.
- Member of the Jewish community
- Resident of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis or Rockwall Counties for a least six months
- 18 years-old or older, unless otherwise noted
- Demonstrated need
- Show creditworthiness
- No current DHFLA loan
- Not serving as a guarantor on a current DHFLA loan
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you’re unsure, contact the Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association office: 469-206-1639 or email@example.com.
- Complete the appropriate loan application and submit with our online form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.
- Obtain guarantors and ask them to complete and submit the guarantor paperwork to email@example.com.
- If you are a qualified applicant, you will be contacted to schedule a loan interview by Zoom with members of the DHFLA loan committee. You may be asked to submit additional information.
- A loan decision will be communicated to you by the loan officer following the interview.
- If approved, funds will be disbursed following communication of the credit decision.
No interest loans for the Greater Dallas Jewish Community
5402 Arapaho Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 am – 6 pm
What We Do
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association (DHFLA) provides interest-free loans to members of the Jewish communities in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis and Rockwall Counties
Member of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL). We are a nonprofit 501c3.