Affordable financing to cover significant expenses
LOANS FOR GENERAL NEEDS
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association provides interest-free general loans up to $10,000 to help cover home and auto repairs, unexpected bills, reduce high-interest credit card debt and more. Loans are available to couples or individuals.
Term: Payable in equal monthly installments over 54 months (four-and-a-half years). The first payment is due the month following loan origination.
- You must meet DHFLA’s general requirements. (see below)
- If you are an interfaith couple, the borrower must be the Jewish partner.
- You must submit a completed loan application and ACH form.
- Each of your guarantors must submit a completed guaranty agreement and information release form.
- Two qualified guarantors, one of which lives in the Greater Dallas area.
- Guarantors cannot reside at the same address.
- If you are a married couple, the non-borrowing spouse is considered an additional guarantor.
If you are concerned about meeting the guarantor requirement, please contact us at 469-206-1639 to discuss the circumstances. We’re here to help, and we may be able to make exceptions to certain requirements.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
To qualify for a loan, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. Some loan types have additional qualifying criteria. Visit the loan page for the program for which you want to apply for details on what is required to be considered for a specific type of loan.
- Member of the Jewish community
- Resident of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis or Rockwall Counties for a least six months
- 18 years-old or older, unless otherwise noted
- Demonstrated need
- Show creditworthiness
- No current DHFLA loan
- Not serving as a guarantor on a current DHFLA loan
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you’re unsure, contact the Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association office: 469-206-1639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the appropriate loan application and submit with our online form, by email to email@example.com or by mail.
- Obtain guarantors and ask them to complete and submit the guarantor paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a qualified applicant, you will be contacted to schedule a loan interview by Zoom with members of the DHFLA loan committee. You may be asked to submit additional information.
- A loan decision will be communicated to you by the loan officer following the interview.
- If approved, funds will be disbursed following communication of the credit decision.
No interest loans for the Greater Dallas Jewish Community
5402 Arapaho Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 am – 6 pm
What We Do
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association (DHFLA) provides interest-free loans to members of the Jewish communities in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis and Rockwall Counties
Member of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL). We are a nonprofit 501c3.