Higher Education Loans
The affordable way to underwrite your undergraduate and graduate studies as you pursue your career dreams.
LOANS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association provides interest-free loans up to $3,000 per semester for a maximum of eight semesters for college and graduate school expenses (excluding fraternity or sorority fees). Students may borrow up to $24,000 over the course of their studies.
Term: Loans are made in $3,000 installments for a maximum of eight semesters. The total amount borrowed cannot exceed $24,000.
Loans payments in monthly installments of $75 begin the month following loan origination (initial disbursement). Monthly payments remain $75 until six months following graduation or withdrawal from school.
Six months after graduation or withdrawal from school, monthly payments increase to $250 or 1/66th of the remaining loan balance.
- You must meet DHFLA’s general requirements. (see below)
- The student borrower must be Jewish.
- You must submit a completed loan application and ACH form.
- Each of your guarantors must submit a completed guaranty agreement and information release form.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.50 GPA to be eligible for loan renewal.
- FAFSA Student Aid Report, official class schedule, tuition statement.
- Two qualified guarantors, one of which lives in the Greater Dallas area.
- Parents of applicants can serve as one guarantor. One non-parental guarantor is required.
- Guarantors cannot reside at the same address (parents and spouses are exempt from this clause).
If you are concerned about meeting the guarantor requirement, please contact us at 469-206-1639 to discuss the circumstances. We’re here to help, and we may be able to make exceptions to certain requirements.
STUDENT LOAN RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
To receive subsequent loan disbursements, students must provide by January 15th for spring semesters and August 15th for fall semesters the following:
- Proof of 2.50 or higher GPA – previous semester grade report is acceptable.
- Tuition statement for upcoming semester.
- Class schedule for upcoming semester.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
To qualify for a loan, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. Some loan types have additional qualifying criteria. Visit the loan page for the program for which you want to apply for details on what is required to be considered for a specific type of loan.
- Member of the Jewish community
- Resident of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis or Rockwall Counties for a least six months
- 18 years-old or older, unless otherwise noted
- Demonstrated need
- Show creditworthiness
- No current DHFLA loan
- Not serving as a guarantor on a current DHFLA loan
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you’re unsure, contact the Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association office: 469-206-1639 or email@example.com.
- Complete the appropriate loan application and submit with our online form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.
- Obtain guarantors and ask them to complete and submit the guarantor paperwork to email@example.com.
- If you are a qualified applicant, you will be contacted to schedule a loan interview by Zoom with members of the DHFLA loan committee. You may be asked to submit additional information.
- A loan decision will be communicated to you by the loan officer following the interview.
- If approved, funds will be disbursed following communication of the credit decision.
No interest loans for the Greater Dallas Jewish Community
5402 Arapaho Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 am – 6 pm
What We Do
Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association (DHFLA) provides interest-free loans to members of the Jewish communities in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis and Rockwall Counties
Member of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL). We are a nonprofit 501c3.