Jewish Experience Loans
We know that there are those in our community who are becoming more attuned to their Jewish roots, but may not be able to afford the expense. This loan may include such things as:
- Purchase of Tallit and Tefillin
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah expenses
- Supplemental costs of birthright trips to Israel to Israel
- Fees for Jewish summer camps (local and sleep away), and loan must be repaid in full prior to the borrower being eligible to apply for a loan for the following summer
- Conversion of homes to Kashrut observance
- Participation in BBYO and other Jewish youth group activities and conventions
- Other such elements of Jewish life or Jewish educational experiences as would enhance the Jewish experience for Jews with financial need and allow them to participate as fully in Jewish life
- Each applicant may borrow up to $3,500
- Loan Specific borrower and guarantor qualifications
- The borrower must be Jewish and at least 18 years old
- A minimum of two (2) qualified guarantors are required for these loans
- Borrower must live in Collin, Dallas, Denton or Ellis County
- All other general assistance loan borrower/guarantor requirements must be met
The borrower is expected to pay off the note within three (3) years in equal monthly installments, commencing approximately one month after receiving the loan.
- The borrower or borrowers must complete a) his or her portion of the DHFLA loan application in detail and b) sign the promissory note. The specific terms of the promissory note (commencement date and payment amounts) must be left blank and will be filled in by DHFLA at the time the loan is approved. Complete and sign the ACH authorization letter.
- Guarantors must complete their portion and sign the guaranty agreement and the guarantor’s information release authorization form. Note: Original signed documents are required, no faxes or emails are accepted.
- Submit completed application by email to email@example.com or mail to DHFLA, PO Box 671235, Dallas, TX 75367-1235. He or She will be contacted for a personal interview.