- THE FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION AND PROMISSORY NOTE MUST BE PRESENTED IN PERSON OR MAILED BACK before the loan can be processed. All business is by appointment. In most cases, loan processing will be completed within
seven (7) business days. THE BORROWER WILL BE REQUIRED TO PICK UP THE CHECK FOR THE LOAN IN PERSON.
No funding of a loan will take place in less than two (2) business days.
- This maximum loan amount is $7,500.00 (Please do not apply for more than is actually needed). A minimum of two (2)
qualified Guarantors are required for all loans. Additional Guarantors may be required should the Loan Committee deem it necessary.
- Borrower Qualifications
- Must be of the Jewish faith.
- Must have a legitimate need and has been unable to obtain funds through normal lending sources.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Has resided in the Dallas Metroplex area for a minimum of six (6) months.
- iF BORROWER IS MARRIED, THE SPOUSE WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AS A CO BORROWER AND SIGN
A GUARANTY AS AN ADDTIONAL GUARANTOR (IN ADDITION TO THE 2 REQUIRED GUARANTORS).
- Has satisfactorily paid in full any prior loan from the Association.
- Is not currently a Guarantor on another Promissory Note.
- Is not in or considering bankruptcy.
- Guarantor Qualifications
- Must be at least twenty one (21) years of age.
- Preferably be of the Jewish faith.
- At least one Guarantor must be a current resident of the Dallas area for at least one year.
If out of the DFW Area, Guarantor must be a close family relative.
- Is established, creditworthy, and must be capable of repayment of the full amount of the loan should the Borrower
for any reason fail to do so. The Guarantor must give written consent authorizing the Association to obtain a credit
- Guarantors may not be a rabbi, cantor, director of a Jewish institution, or anyone else whose position depends on the
goodwill of the community.
- Guarantors may not be a person living solely on a fixed income such as social security or welfare.
- Is not already a Borrower on another loan.
- The Borrower will be expected to pay off the note within twelve (12) but not to exceed (48) months, in equal
monthly installments, commencing approximately one month after receiving the loan. The specific terms will be determined
by the Loan Committee upon approval of the loan and will be specifically stated in the Promissory Note.
- Processing Steps to Follow
- Borrower should fully complete his/her portion of the Loan Application (including personal reference section on
reverse side). Borrower should then sign the Promissory Note (a spouse is required to be an additional Guarantor).
The specific terms of the Promissory Note (commencement date and payment amounts) should be left blank until the
- Guarantors should fully complete their portion of the Loan Application. Guarantors should then sign the
Guaranty Agreement and the Guarantors Information Release Authorization.
- When (a.) and (b.) are complete, Borrower should mail the application to the office. You will be contacted by the
office for a personal interview.
Note: You must print and sign a Guaranty Agreement for each Guarantor required, and each Guarantor will sign a separate Guaranty Agreement per privacy requirements
includes all the forms listed below:
- View or download General Promisory (pdf)
- View or download DHFLA Loan Application Form (pdf)
- View or download DHFLA General Loan Rules (pdf)
- View or download Guarantor Application/Release (pdf)
- View or download Guarantor Agreement (pdf)