- THE FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION AND PROMISSORY NOTE MUST BE PRESENTED IN PERSON OR MAILED BACK before the loan can be processed. All business is by appointment.
- This maximum loan amount is $20,000.00 (Please do not apply for more than is actually needed). A minimum of two (2)
qualified Guarantors are required for all loans. Additional Guarantors may be required should the Loan Committee deem it
- Borrower Qualifications
- Borrower may be a single person or a couple. If single, the borrower must be of the Jewish faith; if a couple, at least
one person of the couple must be of the Jewish faith.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Has resided in the Dallas Metroplex area for a minimum of six (6) months.
- THE SPOUSE/PARTNER OF THE BORROWER WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
AND SIGN THE PROMISSORY NOTE, AS A SPOUSAL GUARANTOR [TWO ADDTIONAL NON SPOUSAL GUARANTORS ARE REQUIRED].
- Has satisfactorily paid in full any prior loan from the Association.
- Is not currently a Guarantor on another Promissory Note.
- Is not in or considering bankruptcy.
- Must have appropriate documentation that is acceptible to the DHFLA of participation in an Adoption, Invitro or other fertility treatment program.
- Cosigner Qualifications
- Must be at least twenty one (21) years of age.
- Preferably be of the Jewish faith.
- At least one cosigner must be a current resident of the Dallas area for at least one year.
If out of the DFW Area, cosigner must be a close family relative.
- Is established, creditworthy, and must be capable of repayment of the full amount of the loan should the Borrower
for any reason fail to do so. The cosigner must give written consent authorizing the Association to obtain a credit
- Guarantors may not be a rabbi, cantor, director of a Jewish institution, or anyone else whose position depends on the
goodwill of the community.
- Guarantors may not be a person living solely on a fixed income such as social security or welfare.
- Is not already a Borrower on another loan.
- The Borrower will be expected to pay off the note within six (6) years, in equal monthly installments, commencing
approximately one month after receiving the loan. The specific terms will be determined by the Loan Committee upon
approval of the loan and will be specifically stated in the Promissory Note.
- PROCESSING STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Borrower should fully complete his/her portion of the Loan Application (including personal reference section on
reverse side). Borrower should then sign the Promissory Note (a spouse is required to be an additional Guarantor).
The specific terms of the Promissory Note (commencement date and payment amounts) should be left blank until the
- Guarantors should fully complete their portion of the Loan Application. Cosigners should then sign the
Guranty Agreement and the Guarantor Information Release Authorization.
- When (a.) and (b.) are complete, Borrower should mail the application to the office, you will be contacted by the
office for a personal interview.
includes all the forms listed below:
- View or download General Promisory (pdf)
- View or download DHFLA Loan Application Form (pdf)
- View or download DHFLA Adoption/Fertility Loan Rules (pdf)
- View or download Guantor Application/Release(pdf)
- View of download Guarantor Agreement (pdf)