A copy of the Financial Aid application package submitted to the Jewish Day School/Preschool must be provided or a letter from the Jewish Day School/Preschool stating that financial aid is unavailable.
- Jewish Day School/Preschool loans are for fulltime enrollment in a Jewish Day School or Preschool Program. "Sunday School" or part time Hebrew school programs are not included.
- Amount of Loan is not to exceed the lessor of i) $5,000 per child per year (limit: two children per family) or ii) up to 50% of tuition (limit: two children per family). Max Terms are 12 months with option to renew twice. Reapplication to the program is permitted every three years.
- Each loan application must contain the following supporting documentation: i) Documentation of need (copy of financial aid appplicaton submitted to the school, or letter from the school stating no financial aid is available.) and ii) copy of the billed tuition cost must be provided.
- Once the initial loan is approved, renewal requests must be submitted with all supporting documentation for each subsequent year the child is enrolled in
school (max 2 additional renewals per child). Only loans that are paid in full will be eligiable for renewal.
- All education loans require a minimum of two qualified cosigners. The applicant is a parent or guardian of the child attending the Jewish Day School/Preschool program. The spouse of the applicant must complete the application and promissory note as a co-borrower and may not not be used as a cosigner.
- Each applicant must be of the Jewish faith.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the Dallas area.
- The applicant must have submitted documentation of need and the child's school enrollment (billed tuition) to the DHFLA office..
- The applicant cannot currently have another outstanding DHFLA loan, or be a cosigner on another DHFLA loan.
- The applicant cannot be in bankruptcy.
- Two Cosigners are required on each loan and must be capable of paying the full amount of the loan. Cosigners may not be clergy or director of an instituion or anyone else whose position depends on the goodwill of the community. At least one cosigner must have been a current resident of the DFW Metroplex for one year.
- Payments must be completed by July 31 of each year in order to exercise the option to renew.
- The cosigner must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferably of the Jewish faith.
- At least one cosigner must be a current resident of the Dallas area for at least one year.
If out of the DFW Area, cosigner must be a close family relative.
- Is established, credit worthy, and capable of paying the full amount of the loan if the borrower fails to do so.
- The cosigner must give written consent authorizing the DHFLA to draw a credit report.
- The cosigner must not be a rabbi, cantor, or director of a Jewish institution, or anyone else whose position depends on the
goodwill of the community.
- The cosigner may not be living solely on a fixed income such as Social Security, Welfare, etc.
- The cosigner cannot currently be a borrower on another note.
- The cosigner cannot be in bankruptcy.
- Complete the cosigner application (each cosigner)
The borrower will be expected to begin repayment 30 days after obtaining the loan. The loan is to be repaid in equal payments to be completed by July 31 of each year in order to exercise the option to renew..
PROCESSING STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- The borrower must complete his or her portion of the application in detail, sign the promissory note (spouse is required to be
an co-borrower). The specific terms of the promissory note (commencement date and payment amounts) should be left
blank until the interview.
- Cosigners must complete their portion and sign the promissory note, and the cosigner’s Information Release Authorization
Note: You must print and sign a promissory note for each cosigner required, and each cosigner will sign a separate promissory note (along with the borrower(s)) per privacy requirements.
- Once the application has been filled out in detail, the borrower may deliver or mail the application to the DHFLA office. He or
She will be contacted for a personal interview. The DHFLA Loan Committee makes the final decision on all loans.
includes all the forms listed below:
- View or download Jewish Day School Promissory Note
- View or download Jewish Day School Loan Application Form (pdf)
- View or download Jewish Day School Loan Rules (pdf)
- View or download Guarantor Application Form (pdf)
- View or download Guarantor Agreement Form (pdf)